Pages

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Crafty DIY : Clay Gift Tags

Whilst  out shopping with my lovely cousin (hey Mand!), we found some gorgeous metal ‘with love’ gift tags in a twee country gift shop. I bought a bunch and promptly ran out, so thought I would have a go at making my own clay versions. These were super-duper easy, provided you have the patience to let them dry. I used air drying clay, rolled it out to approx. 5mm with a rolling pin (wash the pin immediately after use – clay in cakes = bleaurgh) and simply stamped a message with a stamping set I picked up years ago – it was only £1.50 in a department store sale and a worthy investment, as they have been used hundreds of times since. Before you finish, use a straw to make a hole in the top for ribbon.



 

Leave them to dry on foil or plastic wrap for 24 hours. Flip over and let the other side dry for 24 hours. Flip back and leave for another 24 hours just to be sure and then thread in your choice of ribbon or sting or raffia and attach to your next present – these are perfect for hanging on a bottle of wine. Make a whole batch and you will be sorted for Christmas and for that next impromptu gift that’s needed. You can paint them too if you so wish, I like the natural finish though, but might experiment with the next batch.


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment...