Pages

Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Crafty DIY : Cake Flags

Cupcakes rule, I have known this for some time. A small portion of cake with a mental amount of butter cream, enough to make you sick for hours afterwards - bring it on. But I have always been weary about making my own as I didn't think they would turn out like the shop bought beauties. Wrong. I am happy to announce that I am getting the hang of icing with a squirting device and my cake to icing ratio is pretty much spot on. Don't get me wrong, I still have a long way to go, but hey, homemade cupcakes are a regular occurance in our home now.




But all cakes look prettier when decorated. Spinkles, glitter, grated chocolate, sugar treats, oh and flags. I love cake flags. So I made my own by creating the designs below (you can use the graphic to print your own if you fancy) and with the help of a little pritt stick, wrapped them around tooth picks and then triumphantly staked the peaks of icing, very satisfying. I have a whole batch in the cupboard now, just in case.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment...