Pages

Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Recipe : Frenchy Cheesy Toasty Toms

On a trip to the South of France for my birthday one year, we stopped in at a local restaurant where all the locals seemed to hanging out, which is never a bad sign. For a starter I chose a melted camembert layered dish which comprised of toasty French bread, sliced tomatoes layed on top of that and a whole melted camembert to finish it off. Which made me melt when I saw it.




This is a style of that dish and I always think back to that holiday when I make it (mainly because that week I properly learnt to swim in my twenties!). French bread works best, but I often use whatever is lying around. Sliced tomatoes work well, but cherry toms are a delicious alternative. And I tend to slice the camembert these days in order to get maximum melted exposure. Mmmmmm.










1 comment:

  1. Hummm i made this at the weekend but my Camenbert didnt melt as i would of liked but still very yummy!!
    Alex xx =)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment...