Pages

Friday, 16 September 2011

Crafty DIY : Shabby Chic Notice Board

Oh my goodness, what exciting things you can do with items from the pound shop. I wanted a notice board but didn’t really want pins falling out stabbing our feet in the caravan. So I raided a pound shop. As long as you know what you’re looking for, you can get in and out quickly. If not, you have no chance. I see people wandering the aisles open mouthed, mystified by what there is on offer. Even children catching flies in the toy corner. Take a list, you’ll be fine.




So I bought a very fake gold picture frame (plastic in fact), some mini white pegs and some white spray paint next door. I begged and borrowed a little chicken wire from a very obliging colleague and then got to work.




I had planned to pin the wire to the back of the frame, but because it was plastic I had to stick it with sticky tabs. Actually, the frame being plastic worked out very well as a wooden one would have been too heavy and would have probably brought the caravan wall down. As you can see, it looks a little messy behind, and the wire did need straightening out a little, but soon it was time to paint.




I am not a very patient person and tend to move very quickly, but do reluctantly try to pace myself occasionally when it is required. This was one of those days. I just wanted to spray, but I realised that lots of thin coats would be better than lots of dribbles. It needed about 6 coats in total, but took only minutes to be touch dry. Remember to spray the wire too.




Once it was completely dry, hang on the wall. Or sticky tab it up like we did. And then add your pictures and notices with the little mini pegs. Perfect for a gift for somebody (after you've tidied up the back of course!).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment...